What a great time we all had this weekend at the inaugural Northern Grip mountain bike festival in our home town Ramsbottom.
The organisers did an amazing job of putting on an event that was so slick it felt like it had been running for years rather than being the first one. Many month’s ago when we were approached to be the principal sponsor we readily agreed based on the enthusiasm of the team involved and the ambitious ideas they had for the event. As it turned out the actual event was even better than anticipated and the Northern Grip team excelled themselves.
Our Team JMC stand was busy all day on Saturday and we had loads of great conversations and gained lots of new team members. If you didn’t get chance to talk us drop us a line, we would love to hear from you.
Our Rotor Deck t-shirt was really received and we sold loads of them. If you still want one you will need to act fast.
A few of our other festival highlights included:
- The Bunny Hop ale. Plenty was consumed and sweated out on the Sunday morning group ride.
- The Ramsbottom weather on Saturday was perfect. Sundays weather was much more typical.
- Brilliant food options with the pizzas and chilli dogs being particular team favourites.
- Mr Wilson’s Second Liners – how good are they? Even closing with a Joy Division classic.
- The Eagle + Child Sunday breakfast. Great location and top nosh.
Overall a really friendly event with a great atmosphere. If you didn’t get chance to go you really should next year. Team JMC will certainly be there.